Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Starting to feel better

So. I'm starting to feel a bit better. I took Friday and Saturday off work and did nothing but sleep the 2 days. That really helped. Then I asked to be taken off all the extra shifts I was signed up for at work. Not working 50 hours a week also helps. I feel a bit closer to a human being now. My manager has been a bum about me not working extras any more. "You better bring me a doctors note saying you can't work extra any more" Huh? What's up with that? I am now required to work OT each week?

On the upside.... When you can hardly breathe, you really don't eat much. I lost 5 pounds this last week. Coughing till you puke might be a part of that. Since I have a head start on the losing weight category, I have decided to start on the South Beach. Eating almost all veggies has to be good for you, right? I haven't lost any from the diet, although Aaron has lost like 3 or 4. So, hey, at least for today I am beating him. ;)

5 comments:

Ginger said...

So glad you are finally feeling better. That is a rough way to lose weight. Put your foot down on the OT, you need to get healthy.

Lynda said...

Tell your supervisor to suck wind. Your health is the most important thing, and I know how badly pneumonia hurts.. have had it twice now myself.
If they continue to bug you about not working overtime get the appropriate government agency on it. They can't do that legally!!!!

Shelli said...

Hey, you don't have a little thumbs up I can click on like we have on Facebook! I actually have to leave a comment. Hm, I must be getting spoiled.

Glad you are feeling better. Take care of yourself.

Kricket said...

I'm really glad you feel better! I can't believe that comment about overtime. I guess the old saying is true - the reward for working hard is more work. Take it easy and take care of yourself. You can hang up the wonder woman cloak now and then. =)

Vidal's Nest said...

Glad you are finally on the mend!
As for the overtime..tuff~they'll have to do without you!