Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I'll start breathing again......eventually

Freakishly horrible, sick, scary, awful, my heart is still in my throat.
I went to the grocery store today with the girls. We were walking holding hands. And this old lady starts backing up without ever looking. She actually bumps Avery with the car and I push Avery behind me. Does she stop? NO!!!!!! She kept backing up, into us! I kept pushing the girls back.
Finally I hit her car. Now most people something banging your trunk would make you stop. Not her. I think she was too deaf. So I just pounded the crap out of her car till I put a dent in the trunk. At first she screams at me for hitting the car, "I'm gonna make you pay for that dent, What are you kitting my car for?" Well, the Dad in me came out and I called her a demented psycho old bat who is too old to drive and to get the hell off the road. I think I may have said a few more words I probably shouldn't have in front of the girls.
Well, I just got off the phone with the police. I told them I was a little too mean, but they need to go talk to her. She needs to realize there is a time when enjoying the extra freedom of driving is not worth killing a kid.
OK.... I'm off my high horse. I just needed to share my terror with the rest of you. My breathing should slow down by tomorrow.

8 comments:

r said...

Ohhh, I am SOOOO glad the girls are OK!! Someone needs to pass laws against old crazies driving. Yikes!

Ginger said...

How terrifying! I am glad you told her off. She really will kill someone if she continues driving. Glad you are all safe.

Amanda said...

that is freaking scary, I can't believe she didn't even say she was sorry (did she?) she almost killed your kid.

Mark said...

dang....i would have slahed her tires and broke out her windows too...and maybe put ice down her old lady pants.

Vidal's Nest said...

Scary! There should be a madatory driving test every 6 months after a certain age! Seriously! Arizona has the highest accident rates in the country. Know why? All the oldies coming here to get away from the snow! My insurance more than TRIPLED when we moved here and that is why they said it did!

Juli said...

Not my girls!!! Oooh, I want to beat her with her walking stick.
I remember when I hit Dad. I still have nightmares about it. So scary!!
Give Avery and McKenna a big hug for me.

DANI KYNASTON said...

It is scary. Some old man was driving on the wrong side of the freeway once when we were in Monterey. He actually killed some people. It was so sad. I get the whole freedom thing, but at what price? Scary!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'm allowed to say what I would do!!! Hope everything turns out well for you! <3