Thursday, October 30, 2008

my addendum

So, Bobbi and Butch came back. Bobbi kept smoking as soon as she left the hospital and didn't take her meds, so she ended up back on a ventilator. But, Butch wasn't allowed to visit even once. And, we had things arranged so the only people caring for Bobbi, nurses, aides, respiratory, even physical therapy, were all males. Oh darn......

As far as the crazy old lady goes. Yeah, she did apologize. But only after I went ballistic and she realized we had a HUGE audience. I was a little psycho. She started to apologize and I kept screaming at her 'No you're not! If you were sorry you would get out of the car and not drive!" I also kept screaming at her that driving was worth killing a kid to her. Yeah, she drove off very quickly.
When I got home and called the police, they said I should have called them from the parking lot. Then they could have talked to witnesses and whatever else it is they do. If I had called at the time, she could have been issued a ticket and forced to traffic court. Where a judge could have decided to send her to a MD for an eval. But, since I didn't, all they could do is go talk to her.
Avery cried for HOURS after that, she was so shaken up by actually being bonked by the car. Whenever we walk in a parking lot now, she tells me to look out for the crazy old ladies. And right after it happened, Kenna just said 'crazy old bat' I'm just glad she didn't pick up on some of the other words I said. Aaahhhh, the Proffitt side of me.

Life is good. Tonight we are going to go show Nanny and Granddad our costumes. Avery is going to be the Bride of Frankenstein. With her curly hair, I can make it stand straight up. And Kenna is going to be a kitty. I'm awful, I haven't done anything for Shaun because he won't be going trick or treat. Aaron's Aunt Gill (pronounced Jill, hey it's British) will be taking the girls trick or treating because I have to work, and there is no chance of getting it off. That's OK, I got Thanksgiving and Christmas off work, so it's a pretty fair trade.

I love you all!

5 comments:

r said...

Glad you are safe at the hospital now! Too bad the hag didn't get the ticket and traffic class. Oh well, I'm sure policemen walking up to the door shook her up and maybe she just handed over her license right then...probably not though...sigh.

The costumes sound cute! Make sure you or Aaron or somebody takes lots of pictures and either sends them to me or puts them on a blog for me to see!!!

Ginger said...

Looking forward to seeing the pictures from Halloween. Sounds cute. It also looks like the hospital took some action which is very good. I'm with you, I'd much rather have Thanksgiving and Christmas off than Halloween.

Shelli said...

Hope you guys have a great Halloween tonight! Can't wait to see pix!

DANI KYNASTON said...

Glad that things worked out as far as Butch goes. I cannot imagine being in that situation. How nasty. Only lesbians would try and pull that off.

Hope you had a good Halloween. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

Look at it this way. The kids have just learned that Proffitt's (even those married in) stand up for our babies!They are just learning to be tough women who will fight tooth and nail for their families!
:)