Saturday, November 15, 2008

So, I'm at work, it has slowed down a little and I am trying to stay awake. So, I thought I would say 'hi'. Life is pretty mellow. No drama except for the ins and outs of work and mommy hood.

Shaun is walking now, and is FREAKING CUTE. Avery has all the boys in love with her and can't decide which one to marry. (no surprise there) McKenna is thriving in school, mostly because she has a teacher she adores. Jack (the dog) is a spaz and has helped me lose 4 lbs trying to keep him exercised. Aaron just bought the new Gears of Wars now that fishing season will soon be drawing to a close. He is addicted to way too many things. ;)

Our fridge was on the edge of death, so we bought a new one before ALL of the food spoiled. That was exciting, but now I get to work all those extra shifts to be able to afford it. That and trying to get extra money for Christmas, I'm working about 50 hours a week. So fun! I am the new Webelos leader. I could use help with that. Anyone have some good sheets on tracking on the different patches and badges? Anyone know of a good website resource? I would appreciate it. Webelos is a bit overwhelming, guess they thought enrichment wasn't enough for me and my schedule was too slow. I'm supposed to go back to school in Jan (work is expecting it) but I really can't bring myself to do it just yet. I think I am going to just wait, and if work has a problem, well, they could fire me. Yeah, right, only in my dreams.

5 comments:

The Northwest Bunch said...

Our ward here in Washington uses a program called Scout track. I had never heard of it before but it is wonderful. You has a parent have a log in and can put in what your child does at home. The leaders also have access and can keep track of everything. I do not know if it costs money but if it does well worth it. It also tells you exactly what badges to purchase for the troop and out scout office has it ready for her the next day. Our Leader over the whole troop sends the info through scout track to the office and available for the pack meeting. Check it out!!! www.scouttrack.com. Hope this helps

Shelli said...

http://www.boyscouttrail.com/cub-scouts/cub-scouts.asp

I strongly recommend the above link -- especially go to the "Monthly Cub Scout Themes." This will practically plan your meetings for you.

I loved doing cub scouts! It's really a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy it!

r said...

Thanks, Kristi. Whenever I feel overwhelmed, I just go to your blog and realize that I'm not all that busy :)

Good luck with everything! I can't believe Shaun is walking!! I want to see that! Love you, give everyone squeezes for me!

Brent Kynaston said...

Kristi - I'm so excited to hear that you and Aaron got Gears 2!!! What a wonderful game! Dani and I would love to play Horde with you guys - Our XBOX live IDs are HappyHeckYa and Caliente Mamma - Please add us as friends and let's play some Gears!!!

DANI KYNASTON said...

The Caliente Mamma thing was a joke. It is funny sitting at home with just Brent and me but is kinda embarrassing when we are playing with his co-workers. Oh, well. Good luck with scouts. At a stake training meeting, someone said that it is one of the best things a young boy can do to prepare for the Priesthood. I totally see that. It is a great program.