Sunday, April 5, 2009

stories

I know! I know! Two WHOLE days in a row! I know you all are reeling, so just take a deep breathe, and hold on to your chair till the world rights itself again. It's been a slow night at work (miraculously) again so I thought I would share some more with you all. ]

Shaun is starting to talk. He and the dog are best buds. They think they are brothers. Well, lately I have been visiting the vet a lot. Stupid Jack broke his toes. Any possible way to destroy that cast, he has figured it out. We end up in the vets office about 1 or 2 times a week. ugh. During those trips the dog is typically in the very back with his head resting on Shaun's shoulder. Last week's visit was very eventful. On the way home I suddenly hear Shaun "NO! NO! No og! No! NO! NO!" Followed by the sound of Shaun retching. I look back and Jack was car sick all over the rug and Shaun was horrified. The whole trip home was to the sound of Shaun yelling no, no to the 'og' interspersed with the sounds of him gagging.
By the way, my carpet cleaner didn't get it all out. Anyone with a great idea to get dog puke out of the carpet? I'm just glad Jack decided to not puke on Shaun's shoulder.

Jack unfortunately is really not stupid. He's so smart he is at the point of being stupid. He uses the cast to club the girls and snitch treats. The cone is his personal tool to herd Shaun wherever he wants the baby to go. Lately, he has figured out how to open the baby's bedroom door. He waits till the baby is put down for bed to go in there and wake him up. I caught the dog trying to jump into the crib the other night. And somehow through all of this, I am supposed to keep my 7 month old puppy "immobilized" Ummmmm.... because he is not allowed to exercise like he normally does, he's been trying to jump off the top of the stairs into the basement.

I am pretty pooped lately. Correction, I am exhausted. I have been trying to work out religiously for about 3 months now. And it has done me no good. I have lost minimal weight. And still am so tired I don't wake up to alarms. It feels like I'm not functioning anymore. So, I went to the doctor. His answer. Lose LOTS of weight. And get off the caffeine. Does someone care to tell me how I am going to get off Mt Dew? It's worse than crack! I drink it like water. And really, how am I going to function at 3 in the morning at work if I don't have a Mt Dew. ARRRRGGGGG!!!!!! Can you hear the panic in my voice? Cuz it's there. I am now 'pre-diabetic,' my thyroid is wigging out, and I am officially considered obese. Depressing. So. I am GOING to get healthy. I'll keep you all in the loop. I need a support group somewhere. I definitely won't get it from most of my coworkers. (Do you know what most nurses do in the middle of the night? Fill up a clean bedpan with microwave popcorn and candy. They like to keep each other fat, you fit in that way)

Last story. Aaron and I just bought a new TV. Our family TV pooped out. We talked and talked about it and finally decided on a nice one. Flat panel 42 inch LCD. We put it on a credit card with no interest for 18 months. I figured I could work a few extra shifts and pay it off quickly. Of course, the girls have been told repeatedly to not touch the TV. Last week the girls got PB on it. Rather than tell us, they went and got cleaner. Still don't know which kind. And SCRUBBED the TV. They managed to strip the film off the screen and put a great big scratch down it. To top it off- The girls lied through their teeth, multiple times with straight faces that they didn't do it! Aaron managed to clean the TV up so you can watch without everything being blurry. The girls are grounded from watching TV for the next month. And this week was my first extra shift to pay for the %#* TV. Proof right there I never should have bothered with anything material or nice with my monsters running around.

6 comments:

r said...

Great stories (except the bed pan story, I don't care how many times it's been sanitized, if it has ever been used the way it was intended, it shouldn't be too hard to stay away from that poopcorn [not a typo] and candy, SICK!!). Sorry about the no-caffiene rule. You'll lose faster without the sugar from the soda, right? I'm starting my diet and exercise regime tomorrow . ...maybe, if I don't put it off again. We can be eachother's cheerleaders :) GO, GO, GO! GOOOOOO, KRISTI! WHOO!!

Ginger said...

I love that Shaun and the dog are such good friends. I would kill the girls if it was me. Touching a new TV is huge, especially if they mess it up. Good luck with the weight loss and caffiene, I am not one to talk, it is really hard for me too.

sherry said...

I am officially obese too if you look at my BMI. So I am right there with ya! I am having a really hard time getting back to the gym with the baby up all night. I can imagine how exhausted you must be with your job. I don't know how you do it. I would be so frustrated about my T.V! Can you not return it? I guess that isn't really wear and tear....

Kricket said...

OMG...I would KILL my kids. I hope your TV isn't toast. Just hang in there lady! You've got a baby and little ones AND a job. Of course you're tired!

As far as the diet goes - that's just rough especially when you work with ppl who eat junk food. I've never been real successful with a diet. But, I have lost weight pretty successfully just cutting down portions. Don't know if that'd work for you but its better than making drastic changes.

I don't even know what to say about the dog vomit other than "you poor thing!" Go to a spa or something! lol

Vidal's Nest said...

Yeah!! She IS alive a kicking still!
Ok, I have to say...get rid of the dog. They suck! And tell the DR to kiss my fat butt. Man they are rude sometimes!
Oh and the girls? I think It might be grounds for some mild child abuse...just my opinion though!

Shelli said...

Love the stories! See, blogging is fun! You can skip the journal if you blog, the prophet said so. (K, maybe I'm pushing it here.)

Still, it's fun to hear about you and your family, especially when you're so far away. Keep giving us morsels!