Thursday, April 16, 2009

The TV

I thought I would give an addendum to my TV post. Why I really can't kill the girls.
They gave me a stack of homemade cards stuffed in a bag filled with coins and one dollar bills. The first card had a picture of a TV with "We are sorie."
The next was a picture of both the girls crying with "We now you are mad, but we love you."
Followed by a card saying "Her is all our monnie to by a new tv."
Next was a card saying "It is all of our savings. It is 25 dolars and 27 cents and 3 dolars off."
After which was a card they found in the mail for $3 off at Toys R US.
At the end, I was cracking up and really couldn't take their money. Of course, they were still grounded. Little beasties. Cute little beasties. But monsters all the same. They narrowly avoided being tied in a bag and thrown in the river.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

oh my that's just to cute!! that's funny how they came up with that for you.

Shelli said...

Oh, my, gosh, I have tears from laughing so hard! Thanks for sharing -- what a great story!

r said...

What sweethearts! That is such a great ending to a sad, sad tale. Not the best ending (i.e. their savings adding up to the cost of a new TV or the TV magically fixing itself, etc.), but a very close second :)

Vidal's Nest said...

Smart girls...saved by being sweet. Some days I consider listing Ethan on Craigslist but then he does something funny/sweet and I change my mind!

Ginger said...

I think these girls are very very smart, they know just how to get around you. Great story.
That $3 dollar off will come in handy!

Kricket said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kricket said...

That is so cute. Don't you just love the misspelled words? So sweet! Little boogers, sounds like they know exactly how to deal with you lol.

DANI KYNASTON said...

Very sweet. You are much more patient than I am. I still would have been furious. Especially since I worry about buying nice things with little kids. I guess it is just good practice for the grandma years to come.