Saturday, April 4, 2009

I really do still exist

I've decided I really hate blogging. It takes so much time. And I am never as funny/real/emotional/human as everyone else seems to be. Nor am I ever posting pictures. They are so much easier to put on Facebook. ( accept me as a friend mom, and you'll get to see all of them) Plus....posting just takes time.

Well, Dad has been yelling at me again to post. So I figured I ought to give everyone an update.

The kids are doing awesome. I am just so proud of them.

Avery's croup is slowly getting better. We seem to be having fewer and fewer attacks a month. Whew. Every little bit seems to be such a huge releif. She just had b-day #9. And I can't beleive how quickly she is growing up! The other day Avery and I went to Mommy-Daughter brunch for activity days. The ward's crazy drug addict was there and was beyond horrible. She kept following the 13 year old girls who were serving, critiquing their serving abilities. "I am a waitress at Denny's and you really need to be better. THis service is just terrible!" Because they didn't serve her first (not her daughter, HER) Every time her daughter, Lexi, tried to talk, she'd interrupt and finish every sentence/story. In other words. She totally fried her brain and was furious at the world for not revolving around her. The point of my story? Afterwards Avery and I started to talk. And she said to me "Mom, I bet Lexi was really embarrassed by her mom. I think I would be if I were her............. I think maybe I shouldn't talk about it. Because she is my friend. And that might hurt her feelings." How could I not be proud? And she is trying to quote Monty Python. "Mom, your dad is a chipmunk and your mom smells like Elders." (the original quote is your father was a hamster and your mother smelt of elderberries.

Kenna is just as spunky and funny as always. Quite the drama queen. Just last night I was on the phone and she came running up to me in a panic. "Mom, Mom, it's an emergency! You FORGOT to buy the fruit roll ups!" She has decided to befriend the new boy in school, he's from S. America. His name is Yadid, Kenna calls him Ya did it. She teaches him English, he teaches her Spanish. And, of course, she is bestest friends with her big sister. They still sleep together every night. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I want to kill them for their bickering, but somehow they manage to forget it all at bedtime. I guess that's how sisters always are.

Shaun, oh my lands. He just cracks me up! And I can't believe how much of a boy he is. He is starting to show some interest in sitting on the potty. And, he is dry first thing every morning. I thought, why not? Lets see what he can do. So I let him go naked. Now with the girls, when they had accidents on the floor, they were just grossed out. Not Shaun, he had an accident and played in it. ugh. I put a diaper on him, and later tried sitting him on the potty. His idea of going potty? He had his hand cupped in front as he started and stopped the stream in his hand! OK. Potty training can wait a while. A loooonnnnng while. He has stopped growing. Is that Proffitt genetics? Or could it be the fact that he lost 5lbs in 2 weeks when he was sick? I'm trying to beef him back up. It was nice having one chubby baby.

Work is going. I had to work on both of the girls birthdays. My manager wouldn't let me have the days off. grrrrr. It was OK though. We played the day before McKenna's. And the day after Avery's birthdays. Even though we were a day off, it was still a lot of fun. I have been in talks with a manager over at ICU at the Provo hospital. She is hoping to have an opening for me by October. IHC has been in a hiring freeze, so it'll be hard transferring units. Plus, this unit has a great reputation among the nurses. So, it's worth waiting to get into a good unit. I've discovered my job is just too hard to be at and not like the unit I'm on.
So..... is that enough of an update to satisfy everyone? If so, expect the next post in a month or so. ;) Dad? Do you approve? hehehe

4 comments:

r said...

I'm sorry you don't like blogging and I wish you'd post more often but this was great and I'll take what I can get :) I miss those kids!

Jim Proffitt said...

Pictures! We want pictures!!
Love the update.

Ginger said...

I love it when you blog. It is so much fun knowing what is going on. Blog more often and keep it shorter so it isn't such a drag. We love to hear from you. I don't ever do facebook, so you have to post pictures here as well.

Kricket said...

Haha! I'm the same way lately. Posting does take a while. But, I can't do Facebook. There are too many ppl on there I don't want to talk to ever again lol. Highschool still gives me the heebie jeebies.

Btw, I think your posts are funny laced with Proffitt sarcasm. :P